Wednesday, March 14, 2012

pioneer woman

The Pioneer Womans' new cookbook came out yesterday.
It's a wonderful book.  I like her first one better, but probably because it changed my life.

Think I'm exaggerating?  I'm not.

I bought her first cookbook just kind of on a whim.  I was walking through Barnes and Noble and saw it.  I like cookbooks, I like ranches and horses, and I didn't think twice, I just bought it.

A lot of people bought her book because they had been reading her blog; I started reading her blog after I bought the book... and have been reading it every day since.

I remember the first time I saw her on tv.  I was SHOCKED that she had a southern accent.  It's funny to me now, why wouldn't she?? She lives in Oklahoma.  I guess I just thought she's sound like me  : )

Reasons why I love her, her books, and her blog:
1.  She makes recipes I actually make.  There are pictures and directions, and she makes it hard to mess up.
2.  She gardens.  I love reading about what she plants, from tomatoes to herbs.  I feel less crazy because she shares the same OBSESSION with basil.  I dream about planting basil, and I feel less crazy because she writes about her love of basil!
3.  I love reading about/looking at pictures of their horses.  Growing up showing horses and being completely obsessed, its hard not to still daydream about owning acres of land and looking out and seeing your herd.
4.  She homeschools her children.  I think sometimes homeschooling moms get a bad rap.  I might be one of them someday, so I like to hear about her experiences.
5.  Her blog taught be about photography and introduced me to the amazing Donna Boucher.  This fact right there truly has changed my life.  Ree takes pictures of her life and what is around her, and the beauty of simple things amazes me. 
6.  I met her, and just really wanted to be her friend.  She smelled good, and I was jealous of her long hair..... I kinda feel like a creeper writing this, so i'll move on.
7. She cans!  I sometimes feel odd telling my friends about my love for food preservation.
8.  Even though she's never come out and said exactly what she believes in, I feel like we share the same faith.  I like that.

There are probably many more reasons, but those are a few.  Go out and get her books, you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. She shares your faith sweetie. No doubt.
    Her favorite people in this world are those with strong faith and wisdom.

    Lots of love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete