Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sick, but full of joy

I've been down in my hometown since Friday.  I had hoped to see the high school's production of Footloose, but Kira and I were just too sick.  Kira had a fever of 103 which scared the pants off me, but it came down with Tylenol, so I felt better.

Saturday morning I went to my favorite town of Hokah to catch up with a friend and smell the barn.  I miss it.  Here are a few pics from the morning.


When I got back home, it was clear Kira had gotten worse.  I canceled plans with my friend Amy and took Kira to urgent care.   She had a double ear infection.  Poor girl.  The rest of the day was spent hanging out.  Brent was in Winona getting his conceal and carry permit and learning about the history of guns in general : )

Jenny and Ruby came home Sat. night.  My parents are watching Ruby while Jenny is in Florida for the week.  Lucky girl.... even though I think we might have the same weather here in MN!  Kira loves Ruby.  They're cute together.



My friend Carly and her husband Steve were also down in the area for one of Carly's showers, so I asked if we could do her maternity pictures on top of a bluff!  They agreed, though at the time neither of us knew it would be daylight saving time and we'd have to get up EARLY.  Here are a few of my favorites. 




Even though it was windy, chilly, and really early in the morning, it was a fun shoot.

Last night my mom and I went to Fiddler on the Roof.  My dad had surprised us with tickets at Christmas.  It was an EXCELLENT performance.  We laughed, got goosebumps, and even shed a few tears.  That darn sunrise, sunset....   My dad had been looking forward to playing with Kira, but she slept most of the time we were gone.  Here is the three of us before the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment