Monday, January 30, 2012

A party, the SAG awards, and a water table

My baby is 1 tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  We had a party on Friday night, and it was so fun!  We did make your own pizzas, used paper plates, and my friend Sadie made an adorable cake... it was low stress and I was able to enjoy the people who came to celebrate!









Thanks to everyone who came!

Last night were the SAG awards.  I really just like the red carpet portion of awards shows.  Last year during the SAG awards, I was trying to text my sister to ask her what channel they were on.  I was unable to spell the word "channel"... I couldn't spell it, think it, or say it.  I lost control of my right side, and started bawling.  I could only smile with half my face, and couldn't speak in full thoughts, much less sentences.  That freaked Brent out too, and we drove to the emergency room, where we were then sent to United, a big hospital in St. Paul.  I didn't have my hospital bag, I wasn't in Hastings, and for some reason I was upset because the dog wasn't there.  Weird.  From there I had an earring and a portion of my ear cut off for a CT scan, I was told I had scoliosis when they couldn't get the epidural in the first time, and had a heck of a time with heart rates and blood pressure, but at 1:36 on a Monday, the 31st, my beautiful baby girl was born.  Rachel Ray 30 minute meals was on the tv in the room.  I think K will grow up to be an excellent cook.  Or just really energetic and mildly annoying   : )

Today my mom gave her one of her birthday presents- a water table!  She wasn't so sure at first, but loved it, and of course I took 89 pictures in the process.





2 comments: