Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jenny and Me

I almost titled this post, "Holy **** we did a wedding" but I thought that would be kind of inappropriate since I never swear, and didn't want to sound negative, because yesterday was anything but.

A few months ago, my friend Sadie asked me if I would shoot her sister's wedding.  At first I said no way, but somehow she talked me into it  : )  I always said I'd never do a wedding.  Too much pressure!

I immediately called my sister Jenny and said you HAVE to do this with me!  She was amazing and got the weekend off, and my mom came up to watch Kira (Brent was curling.... yes, curling).  We rented equipment we didn't have, wrote out an itinerary, and we were READY.

I didn't know then how great my sister and I would work together.  We have always gotten along pretty well, but this photography stuff has REALLY brought us together.  It was so fun to be with her.  She also helped me through a few mental breakdowns yesterday.  My wide angle lens stopped working about 20 minutes before the ceremony.  It had worked all morning, but chose that moment to go on strike.  I FREAKED.   Jenny calmed me down, talked me through it, and all was fine.  (It was fine, not great, I am really bummed I didn't have that certain lens for certain things)  We braved the windchill, horrible yellow lights during the ceremony, and sore bodies, but we have wonderful memories we will never forget.

There's that quote that says, 'do something everyday that scares you.'  I'd look up who said it, but I'm too tired.  Anyway, I'm not sure that's exactly true, but yesterday was definitely an experience I'll never forget.  And may even do again someday  : )   When it's not -25 with the windchill.

Love you Jen!

And congrats Dolly and Adric!!









No comments:

Post a Comment