Monday, November 7, 2011

traditions

As I wrote the title to that blog, I couldn't help but belt out a little bit of the Fiddler on the Roof Song.  Anyway, there is a Hallmark commercial on tv right now that has the line "Traditions aren't just for keeping; they're for keeping people together."  I LOVE that.  Probably every other post I write in the next 2 months will start with "every year, we..."   I'm big into traditions. 
Something that is kind of a tradition, is our aprons.  My mom, Jenny and I all have aprons made by the same lady.  We got them out for the first time this year when we made wishing cookies a couple weekends ago.  According to the recipe, if you make a wish, then break your cookie into three pieces and eat them without talking, your wish will come true!
And this year, we got K her own apron... made by the same lady that made ours! 

Now to this weekend.  Every year when Brent goes deer hunting, we go shopping!  But before the shopping, I drove down and dropped my horse trailer off at the farm where Callie is living for the next year or so.  Callie looked great!  Also, the year end banquet for the horse show association in southeastern MN was sat. night.  I didn't go, but got texts from Rachel, the girl who showed Cal last summer.  For year end awards they got 3rd in western pleasure, tied for 2nd in western horsemanship and ended up with 3rd, reserve in both english equitation and english pleasure, and GRAND CHAMPION in showmanship.  I totally got teary-eyed when I found out.  I'm just so happy it's working out so well.  They ended up 6th overall and that is amazing!!  Okay, so after I dropped off the trailer I went to visit the Onsager farm and take some pictures.  Here are a few of my favorites....






I love this last picture... these girls are so great!

Friday morning I was able to see some of my favorite people in the whole world- the St. Peter's girls! I love them and can't wait til our annual Buffalo Wild Wings Christmas night : )

Sat. and Sunday were filled with shopping, applesauce, birds, and general fun.... to be continued tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment