Sunday, October 26, 2014

Our half marathon

Honestly, it's kind of hard to put into words the feelings that came from this past Saturday's Monster Dash Half Marathon.  I thought I knew what it would be like, but I was so far off.
 


The Cathedral was gorgeous in the morning light.  We got there super early.  I was super anxious.  There were SO many people and the excitement was crazy!

We ran/ walked/ shuffled/ sweat/ and said we'd never do it again.

But at the finish...

We realized we had done just that:  finished a half marathon.  13.1 miles.
And crossing the finish line, seeing our family
 
 
It was SO emotional
 
 
Because this half wasn't just about us, it was the support of our families and friends.  It was our husbands watching our kids on all of our summer runs, it was our awesome moms on the run coaches and friends, it was our parents and siblings encouraging us *side note: after our first 5k, we called my mom and over speaker phone my mom exclaimed, "I am so proud of you girls, you ran SO FAST." even though we hadn't even told her our time yet* and the overwhelming amout of texts, calls, and facebook posts from friends.
 
 
And to my running partner-  Katie, I couldn't have done it without you and wouldn't want to have done it with anyone else.  13.1 and we have the stickers for our mini vans and skull jackets to prove it.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment