Wednesday, October 22, 2014

what we shoot with and other wedding necessities

A few people have asked lately what lenses and other gear we shoot with for weddings and portrait shoots.  So, here it is!

If I was stranded on a desert island and could only pick one lens to have with me, this would be it-  a 50mm 1.4G.  Love it.

 
Another great prime lens is the 85mm 1.8G.  Super sharp
 
 
.

 
 
This 24-70mm 2.8 is amazing for family shots, ceremony photos and anything else where we might need a wider angle.
 
 
 The Nikon D700 will probably be remembered as one of the great loves of my life.  Seriously.  It's everything I want in a camera and I totally love it!
 
We also have a good variety of other equipment including a d90 we use as a backup camera, as well as flashes and other artificial light sources, zoom lenses, a lens baby and filters.  The above is just what we use every single time!
 
Jenny and I both have Kelly Moore camera bags, totally worth the investment because the are made really well! 
 
So that's it!  Nothing too out of the ordinary  : )
 
What else do we need on a wedding day??
 

Diet Coke, York peppermint patties, and *not pictured* cheddar chex mix and roast beef sandwiches.  Jenny loves the chex mix, and roast beef sandwiches were the only thing I could keep down when I was pregnant with Shout last summer so now they're just kind of a tradition!
 
And are you curious what songs get us PUMPED up to shoot a wedding?
"One Day More" from Les Mis and "This is How We Roll" by Florida Geogia Line.
 
I feel the same way about Luke Bryan's little verse as I do my Nikon d700....
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment