Monday, July 25, 2011

"joy will do that to you..."

Whew.  What a weekend!  A few highlights and random thoughts from the weekend.
  • I got an old wooden bread box to refinish at a garage sale!  And a cd player/stereo.... that doesn't have a power cord.  Oops!
  • Jenny and I went to a photography class.  We didn't learn anything new (because I learned it already- shout out to Miz Booshay!!) but it was so fun to be around people talking about photography and looking at lenses, flashes, and other accessories in the store it was held at
  • Brent and I went on a date!  We went to a hibachi place where they made a volcano from and onion

and then we went for a walk down by the river.  And I took Brent's picture because that's all I do lately!   (this shirt was from the garage sale!  A little big, but I like the color!!)

  • After our date we watched the last two episodes of Friday Nigh Lights.  The show was amazing and I was sad to see it end.  Texas Forever.    
  • Sunday My mom, Brent, K and I went to watch a horse show in Preston!  My horse Callie was being shown and I wanted Kira to meet "her" horse!  The girl showing Callie did SUCH a great job and it was SO SO SO fun to see my horse friends. 


I hadn't seen Melissa in so long!  Melissa- you make me laugh!  I am so glad I got to see you and chat a bit! Here are a couple pictures of Melissa's girls, who were also my flower girls : )




 I like the above picture because it reminds me of me and my mom.  Not in looks, just that bond between a mom and daughter and horses.   And check this out!  Kira's first ride on Callie!!


  • K better like horses since I've saved this one for her for so long! 
  • And Callie... it was so fun to see my girl yesterday!  This horse is like a family member to me!  Look how good she and Rachel look!!



  • They won several classes and got second in a few others.  Is it bad that I feel super happy when they do well??  
  • When we got back from the show we just threw everything in the entry way, and I did two photo shoots yesterday evening.  I'll share some of those photos this week!  Photography is super fun, but it's really challenging... I expect to take only amazing photos so I get way too critical, I need to remember to chill out!
  • This morning K and I went to visit Heidi and Cooper.  I blogged about them exactly two weeks ago when this little guy was born.  Still precious, I just can't get over how amazing this mama and baby are together.  I love it.


I've had a few headaches that haven't gone away for the last week or so.  Nothing major, just kind of there.  Last night, when our busy weekend was complete, Brent asked if I still had a headache.  I smiled when I realized I didn't and told him no.

He said, "Well, joy will do that to ya."

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great read and I am so thankful to have you as a friend. Your words and happiness inspire me and I can't wait to see you again in a couple weeks! And the pictures are just gorgeous! Thanks so much friend!

    ReplyDelete