Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome to the World, Cooper!




I've known my friend Heidi for a long time.  When I got my first horse, we boarded the horse at her family's farm.  We both competed at horse shows and Heidi was always very good (usually beat me) but she has always been and continues to be a really good friend. She has the most genuine smile and is one of the sweetest people I know.   Heidi and I talked awhile ago about me coming to the hospital to take pictures of her newborn baby when he arrived.  Though, at the time she didn't know if it would be a boy or girl.  Yesterday she texted me she was having contractions, so I charged up my camera battery and got ready! 

I always hated when people said to me, "enjoy every second, they grow up so fast."  I was determined not to say that to Heidi and her husband Pete.  But, when I got to the hospital and saw Heidi as a mom holding her tiny, tiny baby, Pete as a proud father, and Heidi's parents beaming with joy, I just wanted to say, "enjoy every second."  That's why I love taking pictures.  It freezes those moments in time you want to remember, even though new, also great memories are to come.  So here are a few pictures of Cooper... he's even more adorable and perfect in person, and I'm so happy for Heidi and Pete!









Happy Birthday, Cooper. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, I am Heidi's cousin Amy. I just wanted to say thank you for posting the beautiful pictures of Cooper! I live in MA & won't be able to visit for two weeks! Your wonderful words about Heidi really touched my heart! Your post made the distance a little easier, thank you!

    ReplyDelete