Sunday, July 17, 2011

Killer Moths, an Anniversary, and Salad Tips

Moths doesn't look right.  What is the plural of moth?  Anyway, this morning I was sweeping and this big black moth flew up from behind the couch.  Gross.

Then yesterday when coming back from cub foods, a HUGE beige colored moth started flying around in the cab of my truck.  It was enormous.  I rolled down the window and was trying to shoo it out.  I may have swerved a bit in this process because a man passed me and flipped me the bird.  I'm sorry sir, but your fist and middle finger do not scare me, I have a moth the size of your head trying to eat me and my first born!  Hopefully my moth encounters are over for the rest of the weekend.

Moving on.  Today is the one year anniversary of the wedding of Rachel and Matt!  It was a warm day that ended in hail and bad storms, but it was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful day.  I was honored to be a bridesmaid- even K was "in" the wedding.... in my bellly   : )   Congrats again Matt and Rachel!





We hung out with friends both Friday and Sat. night of this weekend, and I cooked a little for both occasions.  Friday night we got together with some friends to celebrate Steve's birthday!  It was super fun to hang out, sit around a fire, and relax.  I made potato salad.  POTATO SALAD TIP:  when making the dressing to pour over the potatoes, celery, egss, whatever you put it, it's usually made up of mayo, mustard, ect.  ADD a 1/2 cup of buttermilk.  It makes a total difference and tastes delish!

Last night we had Scott and Kerri over.  Kerri is a fellow teacher, lover of the pioneer woman, and just a really fun girl.  For Scott's birthday a few weeks ago, she got him a nikon 3100, which is the first camera I had.  They came over for dinner and I showed Scott one or two tricks on shooting in manual.  I grabbed jalapenos, a green pepper, and 3 big tomatoes from my garden for a salad.  LETTUCE SALAD TIP:  combine all of your chopped veggies in the bowl you'll serve your salad in.  Add about 1/2 cup of dressing to the veggies, stir, and let them hang out.  The juices from the tomato will thin out the dressing and kind of "marinate" the veggies.  Stick the bowl in the fridge and then at the very last minute, add the lettuce/spinach/romaine, toss and serve!

Last night we also grilled up some cheese brats.  They are totally under-rated.  Go get some. 

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty color blue, your dress is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come over for dinner? I don't believe you on the salad thing. :) JK!

    ReplyDelete