Saturday, October 29, 2011

Anticipation

So many people complain that fall is rushed into Christmas, and stores put up Christmas stuff to early, and blah blah....  pretty grinchy if you ask me.  I LOVE seeing Christmas stuff put up in stores, christmas commercials on tv, and forecasts for snow.   And I'll tell you why.

Besides completely loving the entire Christmas season, and having an infatuation for pine candles, I love the anticipation of it all.

Think about it, would weddings be as fun if you didn't have that engagement time to prepare and plan your wedding?  Would a vacation be as awesome if you didn't plan what you would do, where you would go, and other fun things that are totally different from your everyday life?  And I know for a fact, having a baby wouldn't be as amazing if you didn't have the nine months leading up to it to prepare, shop, and dream about your baby.  

I love getting ready for Christmas.  I love decorating, and looking for new decorations.  I love baking Christmas cookies and planning out with my mom and jenny what we'll make for Christmas eve and Christmas day.  i love listening to Christmas music because you only get to listen to it for one season a year!  Note, when I was pregnant last September I was listening to Josh Groban Noel CD and decided to have K's middle name be Noel.  I love the memories I make with my family and friends:  The Nutcracker with Brent, Lavender Lane shopping with my mom and Jen, cookie exchanges with friends, and wrapping presents and knowing you got the perfect gift for someone.

So, in October when I walk past an area of a store with Christmas stuff, I smile because I think of how great this season will be.  I make sure to enjoy each day, and have fun at Halloween and cook up a storm for Thanksgiving, but I do look forward to Christmas.   I'm actually a little jealous of New Jersey right now because they're getting the big storm, and it's sunny here.   So, I'm lighting a pine candle, listening to a Christmas cd, and later on, my mom and Jenny and I are going to bake Wishing Cookies.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment