Wednesday, October 19, 2011

what being drunk can do to you

We've lived in our house for almost a year now, and once in awhile a bird will fly into a window.  No big deal.  But on Sunday, my sister and I were in my living room editing pictures.  We heard a bird hit the window- hard.  I thought it was no big deal.

Until we heard another one hit, and another, an another!  My mom walked in with K and said, The birds are drunk from eating your berries.  She was very matter of fact about the statement.   In the past, she hasn't been so calm about the welfare of birds.  One time during a sudden spring snowstorm my mom exclaimed, "it's like Katrina (meaning the hurricane) for the birds!!!"

Anyway, I didn't know and birds had been  actually harmed until yesterday when I saw dead birds in the rocks in front of our window.  Here's a picture... see how many you can find!

4!  Hopefully Brent will pick them up soon.  Thankfully our specially bred professionally trained bird dog doesn't even notice them, much less try to pick them up!

Here are the berries...

pretty, but apparently intoxicating to birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment