Thursday, October 6, 2011

my friend Jen

On the day I had Kira, my friends Jen and Sadie came to visit us at the hospital.  I didn't know it at the time, but Jen had just found out she was pregnant.   She got a little emotional visiting us, and later, when she told us she was pregnant, I understood why.  Babies are amazing things.  It was fun to see Jen's belly grow..

And we showered them with gift, love, and advice.  Jen seemed to have the easiest pregnancy ever.  No sickness, she still looked adorable, and she never looked exhausted!   I was kind of nervous the actual birth process would be hard on her since she had such an easy pregnancy. 

Around 10 on Monday morning, Jen texted me that she was going to the hospital!  I was more excited to learn the baby's name than anything.  We knew it would be a girl, but that's all we got.

It drove me nuts.  I just wanted to know.

Regan was born right before midnight last night.  Yup, they were in the hospital that long before she was born.  Going to the hospital today I thought Jen would look ROUGH.  That's a long time to be in labor, and a c section?  I was a little worried for them.  The last two mamas I saw in the hospital that had had c sections were puking like there was no tomorrow!  Then I saw Jen.

Hours after she had had a c section, and after all she had been through.... it looked like she was about to start doing jumping jacks.  She looked rested, happy, and in no kind of discomfort.  She was up, walking around, happy to have her baby in her arms, and absolutely beaming.




We love you guys and I can't wait for our little girls to be friends!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story. You are so fortunate to have so many friends with babies. What fun!!!

    ReplyDelete