Friday, June 17, 2011

CSI: Twin Cities

So, I might watch a little too much tv.  I've always liked crime shows.  When I was pregnant and on partial bed rest I even rented dvds of Criminal Minds and the various CSI shows from the library.  When you watch that stuff a lot, it kind of sticks with you.

An example.  I was prescribed a pill to help with my knee problems- like a big dose of ibuprophen in one pill.  Anyway, I kept the bottle in my purse.  Well, it's inevitable with a purse- the pills all spilled out.  Not only did they all spill out, I have so much stuff in my purse that they started to get smashed into a fine powder by all of my keys, random baby toys, the occasional bottle of diet mountian dew.  (When you have to carry a car seat all over you've got to put that diet mt. dew somewhere!)  Anyway, I was at target and when it was my turn to pay, I noticed a fine powder on my wallet and check card... yup, the pulvarized anti-inflammatories!  So that got me thinking, if I committed a crime (yeah, not likely) the CSI people and cops could totally catch me due to my pill powder residue leaving, all because I didn't have the time/was too lazy to clean out my purse!!!  I started thinking of all the places I might have left this trace..... and then I moved on. 

So today.  I was sweeping and cleaning the floor really well because we have family coming over in the next few days.  My house isn't so clean that I notice ever speck of dirt, but I noticed red drops very much resembling blood on the floor and on the dining room table and charis.  I was quite alarmed at first.  I checked the baby, she was fine.  So I assumed the dog had chewed and swallowed something horrible that had tore up her insides and then she coughed hard, but after shoving my hand down her throat and looking her over, I determined she was okay too.  So, the CSI agent in me came out.  I started to look at splatter pattens in the "blood."  (I had foolishly already cleaned the floor so all I had to work with was the chairs and table)  It looked like it had come from above, and with moderate force, which didn't really make sense.  I looked around the kitchen a little more.  There was even more "blood" on the middle drawer by the fridge- clear across the kitchen!  I was so confused.  What would Horatio, or Grissom, or Mack do?








I stuck my finger in the blood and smelled it.  It didn't smell like much, but it was sticky.  Like juice.

And then I remembered.  Last night I was on the couch with Kira... we might have been partially asleep cuddling.  Brent has been working really late at home these last nights for an upcoming trial and had wanted something to drink.  He asked why the cranberry juice concentrate said 'Keep Frozen' or something to that effect, and if it was ok since it had been in the fridge and not frozen.  I mumbed that it was probably fine.   And then he opened it an it exploded.  Brent did his best to clean it up, but apparently a few stray spatters remained.

I hope you all didn't think someone was shot in my kitchen.  As kind of exciting as it was trying to figure out my mystery, anything more than juice would REALLY freak me out.

And Donna Bucher, if you're reading this, at my next photography lesson i'd like to work on crime scene photos.  These did not do the blood drops justice.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet, sweet comment. I'm so glad you like Wild Ruffle, and I love that you included a link to it on your blog! Thanks so much for reading.:)

    ReplyDelete