Sunday, June 26, 2011

How Great Thou Art



Tomorrow I'm going to write about my Saturday with Taylor Swift and photography.  But today I'm going to share two videos of the best song ever.  You know how some songs just hit your soul the right way?  This song does it for me.  Any way I hear it, whoever sings it, it whatever rhythm or key, I love it.

The first video is from the summer I went to Tanzania, Africa.  They're singing in Swahili, but if you know the tune, you know the song.  I could listen to these voices everyday.  And if you're reading this blog and went to Africa on the same trip, I hope this brought a little joy to your day.

The second video is Carrie Underwood singing the same song.   Equally powerful, yet so different!



 
 
 
The last verse always makes me get that little lump in my throat, where I could shed a few tears, but hold them back.
 
When Christ shall come,
With shouts of acclamation,
And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow
In humble adoration
And there proclaim,
"My God, how great Thou art!"
Roho yangu....

1 comment:

  1. That is my favorite spiritual song ever. I learned it at Honeyrock camp in about 1971. Honeyrock is Wheaton Colleges camp. We also learned Pass it on. Love that too!

    ReplyDelete