Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pre- Panic Mode

Shopping with my mom and sister is always joyful, but it's the phrases that come out of us all shopping together that are unexpected- and wonderful.

My mom is pretty fashionable, it's not like she needs help from Stacy and Clinton, if you know what I mean, but big events can sometimes freak her out.  She has a hard time committing.  Take my wedding, for example.  Mother of the bride dresses have either way too much glitz, or are not dressy enough... or sometimes something's just "off".  My mom, sister, and I went to quite a few bridal and dress shops, and (mom, I'm going to tell one of your secrets) may have even purchased more than one dress before deciding on the one to wear.  These shopping times might have been a bit stressful for my mom, but were SO funny to my sister and I.  Jenny is pretty witty, and we started giving each dress that really stood out a name.  Possibly just funny to us, but take a look at this look.

We called this "the band uniform".  If you look at the upper bodice part... it makes sense.  We also had the "Vegas Showgirl" and "Fish Scales"  and she ended up wearing the "Wicked Witch"  She looked great though:


Well today my mom, sister, and I all met at the Mall of America to do some shopping.  Brent and I have 78 weddings to go to this summer (ok, not really) and my mom and dad are flying out to California soon for my brother Aaron and his fiance Ilana's engagement party.  She needed something to wear.  You know when you're out casually shopping, not looking for anything specific you find tons of cute things, but when you NEED something for an event there's nothing to be found?  Today started out like that.... we went to several stores, but my mom just couldn't find anything.  Here's an outfit that didn't work:


So while walking our 23rd mile around the mall, I asked, "are you getting a little nervous you won't find anything?"   She replied very matter of factly, "I am in pre-panic mode."  Maybe it was us being tired, but this was one of the funniest things Jen and I had heard.  So if you're ever looking for that outfit you need for an event, don't get too worked up, you're just in pre-panic mode.

She ended up getting multiple outfits, and even a purse and shoes to match.  We had a wonderful time together, and that's what matters anyway.  I can't wait to see what dress nicknames are born when we shop for Aaron and Ilana's wedding.  Major JOY is headed our way.  : )

Mom, I hope you're not embarrassed by this post.  You are beautiful inside and out, no matter what you're wearing. 

 Jenny and I did just have one question, why was Sal written on your dressing room door??  We're you going for a sassier name for your trendy look??  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment