Monday, June 20, 2011

A Weekend Full of Little Joys

It was kind of a busy weekend for us!  Here are a few things that might bring you joy!

On Friday night we just kind of hung out.  Sat. was filled with naps, working out, and cleaning!  Brent's brother Scott and his soon to be wife Angela and their 6 month old baby came to stay with us for the night!  It was the first time the cousins had had a chance to play with eachother.  Can you handle this cuteness??





 It was a fun night!  Sunday morning they went back to Hibbing, and Brent and Kira and I went to church.  At chruch the Pastor gave a sermon on how powerful love is.  He played a Brett Dennen music video that is centered around love.  I LOVE Brett Dennen!!!  A few summers ago my parents, Jenny, and I went to see him at an ourdoor concert during a weekend fest of all things organic and natural.  We felt a tiny bit out of place there, but loved it!!!      
Check it out. He's amazing.  If you have more time, listen to a few of his other songs.  You'll feel joyful : )



After church we changed clothes, packed the diaper bag, and headed down to Rochester for a wedding.  Brent's cousin, Russell was getting married.  We were kind of hurrying to get down to Rochester, and I totally forgot to grab my camera bag.  I could have kicked myself!  The wedding ceremony was held at the Plummer House Botanical Garden and the reception was at the Rochester Art Center.  Good thing I had my phone and my old camera that Brent keeps in the car for work!  
At the wedding they did what was called the Dutch Winebox Tradition.  I had never heard of it, but love the idea!  They each wrote a letter to eachother about all of the reasons they loved eachother and wanted to be with the other.  They didn't read the letters the other had written, but instead sealed them, and locked them in a box with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses.  The tradition is, the if they were to have problems in their marriage, they should open the box, drink the wine, and read the letter the other had written for them.  I thought that was so cute!  Here's a (really bad) pic of the box!

It was also a wonderfully decorated wedding and reception.  Huge groupings of hydrangeas and roses, and on each place setting there was a little heart shaped bird seed hanging.  I'm a fan of birds, so it was super cute! 
All in all it was a fun weekend.  Lots of moments filled with joy.  For father's day, Brent got a sweet pair of shoes.  He's one trendy dad.

If the rain holds off, tomorrow and wed. will be spent picking strawberries and making jam!  Canning is like a joy overload.  Almost better than Christmas morning  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment