Thursday, June 23, 2011

Joy in Trials

James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

I always try to remember this verse when I have not so great days.  Today wasn't horrible, but it wasn't smooth sailing.  I had a knee dr. appointment, and it's always frustrating to hear that my only options are surgical, and that my knees resemble that of an 85 year old woman.  I've had 3 surgeries before, and will probably have more than one more.... it just gets old.  I always try to keep it in perspective that many people have it way worse that I do, but it's just frustrating for me.

I also had the first shift of our garage sale tonight. Brent and I try not to spend money we don't have, and I need a little more for a big purchase coming up.  For some reason I thought people would come in herds and throw their money at me for my old soccer cleats.  It didn't happen.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I guess it was just one of those days, along with the 60 degree gloomy June weather- yikes!!

Are you ready for some joy after those depressing paragraphs??  Get ready. 

I love this picture.  Absolutely love it.

It just makes me happy.  Brent's happy, Kira's curious.  Love it. 

And now for the best thing I have ever seen!  Brent's Aunt Mary made this flower hat for Kira and I'm totally obsessed with it.  Oh, I LOVE this hat. 


See the flower?  The little green stem on top?  I can't handle the cuteness.


Pretty cute kid too  : )

And a view from the top... one last look at this amazing hat.


Thanks for the hat Mary.  It brought joy to our cold June day!!

1 comment:

  1. The pic of kira on Brent is fantastic!!! Print that one for sure!!!
    I'm sorry about your knee.

    ReplyDelete