Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Scary, funny, delicious, simple, adorable, and joyful

Last night after bible study, Brent took Bella to the river so she could burn off a little energy.  When Bella runs in and out of the water fetching, she jumps and bounds super high.  If you look through the pics in my post about Bella, you can see it.  Anyway, last night Bella's leg got caught in her collar when she was in the water, and she didn't come up.  Brent flipped out and swam out to her and scooped her up and unstuck her leg.  Bella is fine and is her normal self today; she has already shredded 2 empty toilet paper rolls.   Brent's cell phone is not okay though... his second water wrecked cell phone in 2 months.  He googled that putting a wet phone in a bag of rice, so he tried it.

You know you've married someone from "up north" when they use wild rice  : )


Switching gears- I am far from a food blogger but I have an awesome super easy recipe for the 4th of July... or any time really!
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lemon Butter and Herbs
Clean 4-6 ears of corn, and cut them in half.  I boil the halves for about 5 minutes, just so they are tender and then don't have to grill as long.  Put 4-5 tbs. of softened butter in a bowl and add to it the zest and half the juice of one lemon.


Spread half the mixture over the warm corn.  Then throw the cobs on the grill for 5- 10 minutes, just to get those lovely grill marks and smoky taste.  Take them off, spread the second half of the lemon butter on, and then sprinkle on chopped herbs- I used parsley but you could use cilantro, dill, you name it!

Make it for the 4th of July!  Easy and delish!

And one more thing to add some joy to your day!  Last night my baby was not the best sleeper, so this morning we napped a little and cuddled in my bed for awhile.  I realized some pretty light was coming in, so I grabbed my camera.  Love this babe.



I got about 20 really good shots that I was overjoyed about... but even sweeter is the time I get to spend snuggling with my baby.  Pure joy.  : )

1 comment:

  1. That corn picture is amazing. I think you have some food photo talent!

    ReplyDelete