Sunday, September 18, 2011

Applefest

The best place on earth is La Crescent, Minnesota during Applefest.  It's small town, but it's great!  Brent, K, and I drove down Friday night, and bright and early Saturday morning things started up!  Brent pushed K in the Run to the Edge 5k.  This was the first year in about 5 years I haven't done it, and I wasn't too sad to not be in it.  It's HARD.  All up hill!



After the race, we went down to the craft fair and flea market.  Then I got my hair done.  We all got Chicken Q for dinner- and I've found  that not everyone knows what chicken Q is.  Here's a pic-

Grilled chicken, baked beans, potato salad, and a roll.  The best part is smelling it cooking on the huge grill things... mmmmmmm.

Every year my mom, sister and I go to the Miss La Crescent coronation.  We try to pick the girls we think will win, and we're usually close.  I love the coronation!  Man and woman of the year, being back in the high school, and of course, the Apple Annies singing.

They all wear red and they all sing at the top of their lungs.  There is no way to listen to them without smiling.  It's just impossible.
Then they crown the new queen, first princess and second princess.
It's hard to believe that 10 years ago I was one of the girls waiting to find out who won.  10 years.  Wow.  Am I really that old??  I was runner up-  First Princess.  The girl that won also beat me in volleyball, horses, and I'm pretty sure my high school boyfriend was secretly in love with her.  Good thing I'm not bitter  : )
The year I ran there were 25 girls, and the whole experience was SO much fun.  I hope K does this kind of thing someday!
Side note-  the same weekend I was crowed a princess I won my western pleasure class at the state 4h show.  It was like, the best weekend ever.


Today was the parade.  I love the parade too.  Seeing people I know and the business of our usually quiet town.  A few pictures from the parade:




I love Applefest.  I love my family and friends.  I love memories, and memories that haven't happened yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment