Wednesday, September 21, 2011

excitement

So a few of you have asked about the outcome of my hair!!  It's hard to see in this picture:

but I ended up getting highlights and lowlights, and then she put on a toner that was darker.  It kind of gave it a darker overall appearance, but I'm still a blond!  : )  I also got about 2 inches cut off, as well as some longer sideswept bangs. 

So my mom is coming up tonight and tomorrow we are going to Champ Show at the MN state fairgrounds.  I'm so excited I probably won't be able to sleep tonight, which is bizarre since I'm not even showing!!  I shared this picture a few  months ago, and it's still one of my favorites of Rachel riding Callie.



I don't even know Rachel all that well, but she does an AMAZING job with my horse, so I'm going to take pictures of her riding as if she were my sister.  I'm super excited that she'll be riding Callie again next year.  I just know they're going to do SO well at champ show!! 

I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I'm surprised Callie is still such a great horse.  Don't get me wrong, Rachel has done so much work and is such a talented rider, but Cal is no spring chicken!  Here are pictures of us ten years ago.  Ten?  No, that can't be right!!  The first pic is from 4-H state fair, not champ show, but they were just a weekend apart so i thought I'd put it in here!



I got second in showmanship that year, which I was super happy with... but I'm secretly hoping Rachel does better than I did ten years ago  : )

So I'm going to spend the rest of this cloudy day making white turkey chili, chocolate chip cookies to take to champ show, playing with my baby and doing laundry.... all while reminiscing about past horse shows, and thinking about the future  : )


*it's not that I haven't shown in the past ten years, I'm just celebrating what happened ten years ago with Callie!  Good luck tomorrow and Friday Rachel!!  You're going to do great!!


No comments:

Post a Comment