Tuesday, September 20, 2011

turkey!

So last week I ran to walmart for like, 3 things, and 45 minutes later, I came home with food, a dog bone, a My First Halloween onesie for K,  and a 15 pound turkey.  It was 67 cents a pound, they practically gave it to me!   So, I cooked it.

And then I had all this turkey meat.   I am aiming to get 5 meals out of this bird, so here are the first 4 I've made.  Tonight I'm making white turkey chili. 

I LOVE Thai peanut noodles, and Brent loves home made pizza, so I put them together!  Have you ever seen those packages of little red, orange and yellow sweet peppers in the produce section?  Well, I started by slicing them up-

I also diced up about 1 1/2 or so cups of turkey.

See that tube of garlic?  AMAZING product.  Tastes fresh, no mess, and is easy to measure.  I love it.
So into a pan on the stove over medium low heat, I sauteed the peppers with about a tablespoon of olive oil.  When the peppers were soft, I added about 2 tablespoons of garlic.  I let that cook out for a few minutes, and then added the turkey and 1/2 cup of the peanut sauce.  I also added a few tablespoons of honey because this particular brand of sauce was a tiny bit bitter for my taste!  Here are the products I used.

I spread the turkey peppers sauce mixture onto a pizza crust, top with cheese and bake!


Recipe number two!  I usually use chicken to make a potpie, but when you have an abundance of turkey, you use it!
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 small-ish bag mixed veggies, a cup or so (I added a little more) and 1 can of cream of chicken soup.  I use the fat free version, it tastes the same as regular to me!




Then grease (I use pam, but it sounds weird to type Pam a pan) a cake pan.  They're a big deeper than a pie plate so you can get more int there.  I use premade pie crusts, they come 2 in a package, and press one into the bottom, fill with filling, and top with the other pie crust.  Pinch the edges together, and make a few slits so the steam can come out!

As you can see, I'm a total perfectionist and can crimp edges of pie crust perfectly  : )

The other two turkey things I made were Scalloped Potatoes with turkey-
and turkey wild rice soup.



Those last 2 are not my best photos, but I felt the need to prove I made 12,000 things with one turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment