Saturday, August 27, 2011

don't underestimate maple glaze

So, I really like Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.  I met her one time.
She signed her books that I had, and told me she liked K's boots.  I remember I was super nervous, very tired, and I just wanted to ask her what he put in her hair that smelled SO good.  She's a big inspiration to me in cooking, photography, gardening, raising kids- just kind of everything!  This morning was the debut of her show on the Food Network.  So, in honor of this special day, my friend Kerri and I made cinnamon rolls!!  Her cinnamon rolls aren't for wimps- one batch is 8 pans of rolls!!  We're keeping one pan for ourselves and giving the rest away.  I'm excited to hear what our friends and family think!


Rising dough..

a tiny bit of butter...


A solid recipe...
A sleeping baby (didn't last very long)...

And a great friend to spend the morning with-

Success!


Note:  the recipe has you make a maple glaze.  Both Kerri and I were less than enthusiastic about that- we're cream cheese frosting kind of girls- but this is the BEST thing ever.  Totally delicious.  I might start putting a maple glaze on everything.

2 comments: