Thursday, August 4, 2011

Things You Need to Know

1.  I was cleaning yesterday, and I wondered, "where does the term cobweb come from?"  Spider web I understand... cobweb, not so much.  
So I googled it.  It turns out COB is the Old English word for spider.  So there you go.  A cobweb really is a spiderweb.  You're welcome.

2.  There's a new show starting Sept. 26th on ABC.  It's called The Chew.  I think that's a really dumb name, but I will probably watch this show every single day.  It's a whole show on cooking, entertaining, and decorating.  We don't have cable, so we don't get the Food Network or HGTV... who needs it with a show like The Chew!

here's a promo they've been showing on tv.  Mario Battali, that other iron chef....

And Clinton Kelly.  Oh, Clinton Kelly.  I pretty much love him, but am kind of scared of him at the same time.  If he saw what I wear on a daily basis (yoga pants, shirts with spit up, no makeup) I can only image what he'd say.  I'd probably cry, but be thankful at the same time. But, he has this book he wrote a few years ago called Freakin' Fabulous.  Go to amazon and buy it.  I LOVE it. 

So, I cannot wait for this show.  It's on at noon, so at first I thought, "oh, I won't be home to watch it."

Yes I will!  I don't have a job other than being K's mom.  Which is amazing, but so weird.

3.  This is the first year I won't be going back to school in the fall.  The last 5 years, I've had a classroom that I'd start getting ready right about now.  Not this year.  And for the years before that I was in school.  So, September is going to be weird.... but good.  I guess you didn't need to know that last fact, but whatever.

4.  Did you know you can make pesto with chicken stock instead of olive oil?  If you're on a low fat diet, this is the answer!  I'm going to make it with my mom this weekend, I'll write about how it turns out.

I guess that's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment