Friday, August 26, 2011

Fried Pickles

Brent, K, and I went to the Minnesota State Fair!  It must have been THE day to go, because it was packed!  Add the stroller, and it was less than easy to get around!  I will say though, that bringing a stroller is nice because you can pile all your stuff underneath or in it if K's being held.   We didn't stay a super long time; we just kind of hit the highlights and left.
Brent really like the DNR fish pond.  K liked it too, even though i'm not sure she could even see the fish!

Brent also got an elk burger.  It was delish!


Also outside of the DNR building were those picture opportunity cut out people.  You know where you stick your head in the hole and take the picture?  The was a hunter, a dirt bike rider, and this one...


future kayaker.  I love it!

I also love....

Oh, fried pickels.  I had them several years ago when I was showing a horse at the state fair.  I tried one of my friend's, thinking I'd hate them.    I don't love pickles, but these are different.  A pickle and cream cheese, fried, and then dipped in ranch dressing.
Oh my gosh, take me back there for more.   I'm not going to lie, my mouth is watering a little just looking at them.  It was a fun day!  I always think I'm going to see someone I know, but this year I didn't. 

We will be back at the state fair grounds in about a month to watch Rachel and Callie at champ show... maybe K will stay awake for that....  : )



One more thing... i'm guessing K will grow to be about 6 foot 11... talllllll girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment