Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

This past weekend Brent's brother Scott got married.  It was a great weekend, though very busy and it went by quickly!  I would love to say that the wedding was beautiful, but I completely missed the whole thing.  My baby started fussing right as the parents were walking up the aisle, and we ducked out a side door so people didn't have to hear a babe crying.  She would fall asleep, but when I tried to tiptoe back in, she'd wake up and fuss again.  So we missed it all. 

But, the reception was great!  Scott and Angela are such a great couple, and it was fun just to be there.  Brent gave a great best man speech (I'm going to take some credit on helping him write it... he wanted to talk about dead birds and when Scott broke his back-  depressing!)  and you could tell he was proud of his younger brother.  We also got to see friends and family that we hadn't seen in awhile.  I usually take about 15,000 pictures and only shoot on manual, but with the business and baby holding, I took a total of 6 pictures at the wedding and reception, and all on automatic.  Oh well!  Here are a couple!


As much fun as the wedding was, it was great to spend some time at the cabin that Brent's family owns.  We spent time there Thurs. night and then Sunday.  We had some friends and their families come out Sunday and it was such a relaxing way to end the weekend.
  I always make excuses not to swim because I don't love how I look in a swimming suit, but Thursday night I swam and it was wonderful!  There were no weeds on the bottom and the water wasn't freezing.

  I also took some pictures... no surprise there.  Even though our dog Bella didn't turn out to be the hunter we thought, she LOVES jumping off the dock and swimming with Brent! 



Bella's sister was there too.  It's fun to see them play.
It was a good weekend, but it's good to be home, too.  Today will be filled with grocery shopping, unpacking, laundry, and napping.



No comments:

Post a Comment