Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A sad, sad, sad day

Today, we used the last of "the sauce"


Yes, I'm going to write a whole blog about sauce.  If you've been to our house in the past 6 months for a cookout or dinner or party, you've had the sauce. 

At Christmastime, my brother Aaron brought two bottles of this sauce to Minnesota.  He lives in San Fransisco, but the sauce comes from a burrito place San Jose.  It's orange and spicy and delicious.  When K was born, he brought three more bottles.  Sadly, the sauce is gone.

We used it as a condiment on brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, venison, and I think even duck. 
If you added it to peanut butter and a little milk, it was the perfect peanut sauce.
If you added it and 2 tbs brown sugar to canned baked beans, it was magical.
I added it to deviled eggs, chili, ketchup, marinara sauce, and mixed it into ground meat before grilling. 
Brent ate it with cottage cheese.  He just squirted the sauce right into the cottage cheese container and ate it with a fork.
We had it with mayo on turkey sandwiches.
I put it in most marinades.
I think we put it on camel ribs at Christmas.

And now, it's gone.  I shouldn't be so sad about sauce, but I am. 

Aaron, when's the next time you're coming to the midwest?

1 comment:

  1. I want to taste that magical sauce!!!
    My son works in San Jose now....at chevron....What is the name of the burrito place...he must go there to try it!!1

    ReplyDelete