Thursday, August 11, 2011

taking a break

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we have a lot going on this weekend.  *update, zucchini cakes were NOT good.  I'm glad I tried them first!*  Friday night we have a baby shower at our house where the menfolk are coming too, so that means double the cooking.  On saturday night the Onsager family is coming over for dinner, and to chat, and to shower!  And then on Sunday K is being dedicated at our church, so family and friends are coming over for a big cookout lunch when the service is over.

I love having people over and cooking, but three in one weekend has stressed me out a bit.  This morning, all before 11, I had been to wal-mart, cleaned up after and explosive K diaper, put laundry in, watered my garden, and made chocolate chip cookies, pasta salad, bacon, baked beans, coleslaw, BBQ chicken, and roasted a beef tenderloin.

Here are pics of the beans and chocolate chip cookies.  I'm trying to improve my food photography skills.



So, after making all the food that was on my list for the day, I felt pretty good at what I had accomplished.  And then I looked around and saw sand from last weeks tubing trip, loads of dog hair, a cobweb or two, beds that need sheets, carpet that needs to be vacuumed....

and then I thought about the people that are coming over this weekend.  They aren't coming to see how clean my floors are, or that every last piece of dog hair is off the futon.  They are coming to celebrate Ryan, Jen, and their baby, or to visit, talk horses,  and eat a good meal, or to see K be dedicated and spend time with family.  So, I took a break.  I'll sweep and vacuum tomorrow, I'll finish the laundry tonight.  I have a baby to play with.  I have been so busy taking pictures of other people, I haven't gotten to many of my little girl.  She's faster than she used to be... almost crawling, scooting backwards, moving her head out of my shots, and droolin' all over the place.







I think I made the right choice.

1 comment:

  1. seriously girlie, who cares about a spotless house! you totally hit it when you said we are coming just to celebrate the parents and baby to be!!!

    ReplyDelete