Sunday, August 7, 2011

one picture, tons of joy

What a weekend we had.  It's hard to describe, but it was such a wonderful weekend.  We went places, did things, and saw people that were so full of warmth, happiness, and joy.

On Friday night we drove down to my parents.  My mom made some awesome burgers and potatoes.   We just hung out, and I watched on of my favorite shows, 4 Weddings, on TLC.  Saturday morning we woke up and my  mom and I went garage saleing and went to a farmer's market.  If you want to be filled with joy, hit up a farmer's market.  Buy a tomato, a bunch of flowers, or some fruit.  Nothing like it.  Warm, delicious, healthy, and you feel good about supporting local growers.  We never did make the pesto with chicken stock, but that's ok.  Some experiences are such fun, even if you don't accomplish what you set out to do.

On Sat. afternoon we went to a wedding of one of my friends from the horse world.  We've shown together since we were probably 12.   Julia was absolutely gorgeous, her husband was beaming, and you could just tell that the whole church was full of love and pride for this couple.  It was probably the best best man speech I have ever heard.  Hilarious from start to finish.  At the reception I got to sit next to my friend Melissa (mentioned in an earlier post) as well as her husband and one of her daughers.   I feel like everytime I'm with Melissa, when I leave I have a permanet smile on my face.  We think the same about a lot of things; we love our horses and we love our friends and families.  We chatted with other horse people too, who are all just like a big family.  You can not see people for years or months, but you still have no trouble talking-  about the past, upcoming shows, people you know, and horses you loved or hated.  It's awesome. 

Today we went tubing with some friends from church.  It wasn't the hottest day, but refreshing none the less, and so relaxing to be floating with friends down the river.  Time went by so fast, and we all got a little sun.  We joked, and laughed, and talked about the Pioneer Woman.   Aside from some bruised butts from shallow places and rapids, it was great.  : )

To cap off the wonderful weekend, we have dinner with our friends Carly and Steve tonight, as well as Carly's sister Abby and her finance Ryan.  It was delicious food (steak-  i love steak!) and good conversation.  Carly is designing a website for my photography!  She's super talented and I feel undeserving of everything she is doing for me!  We talked about that and I'm so excited to see how it turns out!  That's a lot of exclamation points, but that's how excited and thankful I am!!   And thanks for the volleyball advice- Kira will be a left handed setter if it's the only thing we teach her!


I feel like words don't describe how great the weekend was.  I feel like we are so blessed- awesome family and friends make life so great.  There really aren't words that can sum it all up.  So instead I will just be thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment