Monday, August 22, 2011

whirlwind

A lot has happened in the past few days.  I can't shake the feeling that today is Sunday.  Probably because we just came home today from Grand Rapids.
Quick recap-  hopefully pictures can adequatley display the fun, joy, and love.
Friday morning, K and I went to the hospital.  Here's K with her visitor badge.
and here is the most precious, beautiful baby.  My friend had a tough delivery, but babies are so worth it. : )  It's strange to love a baby that isn't yours, but I love this little girl!
Then we came back home and Friday night I got to hang out with some of my friends from college. Amy, Gina, and Jodie thank you so much for coming over!  I loved seeing you and hearing about your lives : )

Saturday morning we woke up and drove up to a resort near Grand Rapids.  Our friend Gina's parents own a charming resort and this was our 4th year going up there.  Brent and Dave did lots of fishing and swimming, and I got to hang out and talk to Gina.  I love being around her, I feel like I always learn something new, weather it's a canning recipe, a gardening tip, or something about raising children.  I'm pretty sure this woman could go out, kill an animal and gather random plants, cook them, and you'd think you were at a 5 star restraunt.  Yum.  And she looks gorgeous the whole time... such a beautiful person inside and out.  Here is a picture of Gina, as well as pictures from our long weekend at the lake!




and then today we stopped at a place called Red Willow.  I never should have gone in!!  I could have bought about 3,000 things but settled on these two signs. 



1 comment:

  1. I love the pix! I've been busy, but just now got a chance to catch up on your blog! I enjoy reading everything....so random and I love it!

    ReplyDelete