Wednesday, August 17, 2011

what i'd rather

Two posts in one day because the last one was depressing.  I just miss certian people and places, but have a great life here too!  So, here you go.


Today I was driving to target, and I heard on the radio that in some national poll, it was discovered that women would rather have people think they were a bitch, than think they were unattractive.

Huh.  I started thinking about that.  I don't want people to think i'm ugly, but I would hate if people thought I was mean. Anyway, here is what i'd rather... for today anyway.  Who knows what I'll love, be, or think a year from now.  It's all about being the best version of yourself no matter what.
http://www.pinterest.com/ is a website where you can make boards of things that interest you.  I don't completely understand it, but it's fun!  It's also fun to see what pictures make you think "oh... I like that."  It's fun because everyone's boards are different.  Check it out.  All of the pictures I'm using in this post are from that website.


I would rather be graceful than beautiful.  Have you ever met a woman who was so kind, and gentle, but strong, funny, and just warm?  I would rather be like that than be a size 4 and superficially beautiful.

I want to be the kind of person who can keep a secret and be there for people when they need to talk- not the kind of person you'd call for the latest gossip.

I want to have a warm, inviting home.  I want to have a place where people feel comfortable, have fun, and not want to leave at the end of the night.  I would rather have that than to eat at fancy restraunts with 5 forks and crumb scrapers.

I would rather have a Christmas tree with homemade and sentimental ornaments than a tree with perfectly matched everything but with no stories behind them.

I would rather have smile lines than wrinkle free skin.

I would rather have dirty fingers from working in my garden than perfectly manicured nails.

The end.. for now.  Here are some pinterest pictures that make me feel goooooood!





What would you rather be?




No comments:

Post a Comment