Wednesday, August 10, 2011

running and zucchini

So, I signed up for this race at the end of september.  It's 5 miles.  Not, a 5k, five miles.  Not exactly sure what I was thinking there.

I ran this morning.  I run with the baby and the dog.  I picked up our running stroller for 10 bucks at a garage sale.  If anyone out there is debating running strollers, pay a little extra and get one with a front wheel that can rotate all around, not a fixed one.  Between the dog either pulling or stopping to snif, and me limping along trying to run, and the stroller almost tipping over everytime I have to change our course from a straight line.... it's a sight to see.   Ran 2 miles... slowly.  But that's okay.

This weekend is a busy one.  Friday night my friend Sadie and I are throwing a baby shower here for our friend Jen.  Most of our friends are married, so while the girls are doing girlie things, the husbands are coming along to hang out in the basement or outside.  Brent has this idea that they're going to have a little man-olympics.  We will see what happens after they eat.  Did I mention I'm cooking for the guys too?

Here's the (almost for sure) menu for the guy:
BBQ chicken sandwiches with crunchy coleslaw on top
Secret recipe baked beans
Corn with lemon butter and parsley
blueberry cobbler

I wonder how much they're want to run and play after that?

I've heard you're not supposed to make a new recipe for the first time when entertaining, so this afternoon K and I are making these zucchini cakes!

I can't tell you what else Sadie and I are cooking up for the shower, but it's going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. Great job persevering with a frustrating tire and curious dog :)
    Good luck in your race! I have to register for one soon to have something to motivate me!

    ReplyDelete