Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pretty Much Perfect

Last night was Jen's baby shower at our house.  Sadie did the sweets, and I did the not sweet stuff.  I made these little open faced steak sandwiches... though they are small, and not really anything close to being a sandwich.  Anyway, people liked them, so as promised, here's how I put them together.


I used "everything" french bread which was presliced, from walmart.  I toasted it up on a cooling rack placed on a cookie sheet so both sides get the same heat (thanks Rachael Ray).  The first layer is horseradish cream sauce:  1 cup sour cream, 1 tsp prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon mayo, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, and a sprinkle of garlic salt.  On top of that I layered thinly sliced beef tenderlion, chopped fresh tomato, and a small sprinkle of blue cheese.  Toss it back in the oven for 5-7 minutes, and you're good.  Yum.

Besides the good food,


and the delicious punch sipped from mason jars,

there were pretty presents,



mamas and babies,


lots of friends,



and one gorgeous, glowing, happy mama to be.



I'd say the night was pretty much perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment